Sunday 22 May 2011

Unnatural Selection (Ornamental Fish Market), Harbin [Film Scan]

One more of the old APS film scans from a decade back when we were living in China. Another one which could have done with a slightly better composition to take advantage of the mad chemical fish. I have no idea if they are natural. The same market was selling luminous green and pink chicks - so I am certain there's something unsettlingly fabricated about these chaps.

The colours are as shot, bar the print/scan element of the process. I looked at playing with vibrance/saturation, but it wasn't needed and the image was so degraded that the pixels wouldn't tolerate tweaks. Really strange beasts - if anyone knows what they are, please drop me a note. I'd be really interested to know.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!