Tuesday 11 December 2012

Sky Tide, Morro Rock

Sky Tide, Morro Rock by flatworldsedge
Sky Tide, Morro Rock, a photo by flatworldsedge on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
Quick one from the summer trip to California, as like all of us I imagine, I whizz around trying to get work done before Christmas strikes. I've managed to shoot quite a bit over the last few weeks, yet not found time to post, so here's trying to get the momentum back up.

I shot this one chiefly for the droplet. If I'd had a tripod and some way of freezing time, I'd love to have caught a perfectly focused Morro Rick refracted in the drop under the (very twitchy) seagull's beak. Sadly I had neither, so this is as good as it gets. I am a fan of the texture of the OOF clouds playing against rock face in that hard backlight.

Hope everyone is having a great week!