Thursday 19 December 2013

Super Human (All In Camera Light Painting), London Hyde Park

Via Flickr:
All in camera, as always! This is from my recent Hyde Park trip with Seitrams. Whilst he was shooting some cool shots of the swans and geese, I was messing about zooming mid-exposure. The effect on all the lights of Winter Wonderland was pretty extreme (see above), but it felt like it needed an Akira-esque super power wielding figure to tie it together.

So far as one can tie something like this together.

Packed with technical imperfections - chiefly the overexposure of the static elements in the scene, but that would have been very hard to fix. I'm a big fan of the way the rippled light on the water floats through the middle of scene like psychic energy. And hope you like it too.

Since my last post, ongoing dismay at the lack of input out community is having on up coming Flickr changes/vandalism has led me to set up an account on 500px. I'm still exploring it, but was impressed enough to upgrade my service there and am bit by bit moving my existing images over there. If any of you have an account there, please let me know so I can follow you, etc.